Sweet Freezer Pickles
I don't know why they call them freezer pickles, mine NEVER make it to the freezer.
Great to snack on or serve as a side.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 csalt ( i used sea salt )
2 largesweet onions
1/2 ceach red wine and cider vinegar
1 1/2 csugar
2 Tbsppickling spices
2 tspmustard seeds
1 tspcelery seed
1 tspcrushed red pepper *for hot*
How to Make Sweet Freezer Pickles
- wash cucumbers, slice in half lengthwise (unless your food processor can fit thru opening to slice
- place cucumbers in large container and sprinkle salt over top, cover with a tee towel and let sit 2 hours
slice onions thin, set aside.
- Meanwhile mix rest of ingredients and let sit until cucumbers have reached the 2 hours
- After the 2 hours are up, drain cucumbers well
- mix onion rings in with cucumbers, pour vinegar syrup mixture over and mix well
- divide into containers and freeze
I place mine in a gallon pickle jar and refrigerate