★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 medium
- butternut squash
- 3/4 stick
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Sweet Butternut Squash
- 1Peel and seed the butternut squash.
Cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes.
- 2Place in to large pot and cover with water.
Stir in 1 tablespoon of salt.
- 3Bring to a rolling boil.
Continue to boil until fork tender.
- 4Drain the squash and return to the pot.
Puree the squash with a hand blender.
- 5Add the remaining salt and pepper, butter and brown sugar and mix well (I use the hand blender).
- 6Taste and adjust the butter and brown sugar to taste.