★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 20 oz can sliced pineapple; drain and reserve syrup
- 1 tbs
- cornstarch & 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp
- salt & 3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb. cans of yams, drained
- scallions, sliced & 1 small green pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup
- celery, sliced diagonally & small amount of oil
How to Make Sweet-and-Sour Yams and Pineapple
- 1Drain pineapple; reserve syrup. In saucepan, combine reserved syrup, cornstarch, and salt. Blend well. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir n lemon juice.
- 2Arrange pineapple and yams in casserole and pour sauce over all. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes or until hot.
- 3In small amount of oil in skillet, saute scallions, green pepper chunks, and celery until just tender, but still slight crisp, or to taste. Stir carefully into yam mixture. Serve immediately.