Sweet and Sour Peppers
1 pkgsmall sweet peppers (red, orange & yellow) note: my supermarket starting carrying them in a bag, about 20 peppers.
4 slicewhite bread (any kind) cubed
4 slicewheat bread cubed
1 Tbspgarlic powder
2 Tbsporegano, dried
1 colive oil
1 cred wine vinegar
2 cwhite raisins
1/2 cpinoli nuts
How to Make Sweet and Sour Peppers
- Wash and cut tops off peppers, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cube white and wheat bread, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan heat the red wine vinegar and sugar for about a minute. (Just enough that the sugar is dissolved)
- Pour the vinegar/sugar mixture and all other ingredients over cubed bread and mix together.
- Stuff peppers and place on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 45-60 minutes.