- 6 1/2 c
- cold water
- 3 1/4 c
- white wine vinegar
- 2/3 c
- pickling salt
- 1 tsp
- alum (heaping makes them crisp)
- stem and flower of dill plant
- clove garlic
- enough pickles to fill gallon jar or jars
How to Make Sun Dill Pickles
- 1Place a stem and flower of fresh dill and 1 or more garlic cloves in bottom of jar. Pack pickles in jar.
- 2Mix together well
cold water,white vinegar,pickling salt and alum
then pour mixture over pickles.
Fill jar to the top with mixture
top pickles with another stem of dill
- 3Place in a sunny location for 3 days. Refridgerate and enjoy!!!
- 4I have had people tell me they will last a whole year if refriderated. If you don't have a gallon jar divide it up among quart jars.
- 5I know I posted 24 hrs but the list of times did not go up to 3 days. Sorry!