Summertime Cold Veggie "Pizza"
- 2 tube(s)
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pkg
- ranch style dressing mix
- 1 pkg
- 8 ounce, cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- sour cream, fat-free
- 2 c
- various raw veggies (see below)
- 1 c
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Summertime Cold Veggie "Pizza"
- 1PREP, part one:
Preheat oven to 350*
Lightly grease/spray jelly roll sized pan.
Pat out the two rolls of refrigerated crescent rolls, sealing the perforations as you go.
Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- 2PREP, part two:
Thinly slice various raw veggies (I like them nearly paper thin, if possible).
I use: sweet purple or Vidalia onions, sweet yellow or orange peppers, broccoli, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes (just cut in half) and every now and then, mushrooms and black olives.
- 3While the crust is cooling, whip the softened cream cheese, then add the sour cream and ranch dressing mix.
Mix until thoroughly blended and slightly "airy".
**NOTE: You can add a couple of tablespoons of already-prepared ranch dressing or mayo to make it easier to spread, if needed.**
- 4When the crust is cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust.
Arrange the sliced veggies over the crust and cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle the finely shredded cheddar over top.
Serve within one hour as the crust will begin to get soggy.
This is SO refreshing at picnics (Memorial Day and Independence Day are my favorites for this) along with a watermelon filled with cut up fruit!