★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 medium
- 2 small
- 1 large
- sweet onion - i used a vidalia
- 4 oz
- goat cheese
- basil, thyme, marjoram, oregano, parsley - to taste -
- seasoned bread crumbs - i use seasoned panko crumbs
How to Make Summer Veggie Bake
- 1Do all prep first.....
Peel and chunk in bite-sized pieces tomatoes, zucchini and onion.
- 2In a large non-stick skillet (10"-12")melt butter and saute' onion until translucent.
Put in zucchini and stir to coat.
Add herbs and stir. Turn off heat.
Add tomatoes, stir, and pour into 9" x 13" pan. Glass looks awesome.
- 3Crumble goat cheese over top.
Cover with crumbs.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Rest 5 minutes.
- 5Less of a direction, and more of an observation.....
I use fresh herbs, and of the herbs, I use the most basil (+/-2Tbsp), then marjoram, thyme, and the least of oregano (+/-1 tsp) because it will overwhelm the dish very quickly.
If you use dried herbs, rub them in your hands and add them with the onion, since they need to reconstitute themselves.
And finally, if you are missing one of the herbs, don't panic! You can easily use Italian Seasoning, just start small and taste! taste! taste!