★★★★★ 1 vote5
1recipe pastry for a single 9 in. pie crust or buy one from the grocery
3tomatoes, thinly sliced
3 clovegarlic, minced
1/4 cchopped fresh basil
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Summer Tomato Pie
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Press pie crust dough, into the pie pan or plate. Prick bottom and sides, with a fork.
- Bake crust, until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Place tomatoes, in a single layer of a colander or a baking rack; sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes, to release moisture. Blot excess moisture with paper towels
- Arrange 1 layer of tomato slices around bottom of the cooled pie curst, overlapping the slices. Sprinkle half the garlic and half the basil onto the tomato layer. Sprinkle with half of the Cheddar and half the mozzarella cheese, over basil layer. Repeat layering. Spread mayonnaise over the mozzarella cheese layer.
- Bake, until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition: One slice 221 cal, 16.5 g fat (4.9 g sat), 15 mg chol, 828 mg sod, 168 mg pot, 13.3 g carb, 1.5 g fiber, 5.5 g protein, 1.7 g sugars