Summer Squash & Rice Boat
★★★★★ 1 vote5
5-6 largesummer squash
2 csteamed rice
1 mediumonion, diced
8 slicebacon, cooked crisp
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Summer Squash & Rice Boat
- Wash 4 squash and cut diagonally. With table spoon scrape out seeds and membrain. Cut a small even slice from bottom side so squash will sit on it's own. Chop 2 squash and steam until tender.
- Cook bacon crisp and pat with paper towel, set a side.
- In the same skillet saute chopped onion
- Add rice, steamed squash and crumbled bacon; saute until well incorporated.
- Generiously spoon mixture into squash boat, top with a few dots of butter, set on a cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until squash boat is tender when pierced with a fork.