Summer Squash & Rice Boat
- 5-6 large
- summer squash
- 2 c
- steamed rice
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 8 slice
- bacon, cooked crisp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Summer Squash & Rice Boat
- 1Wash 4 squash and cut diagonally. With table spoon scrape out seeds and membrain. Cut a small even slice from bottom side so squash will sit on it's own. Chop 2 squash and steam until tender.
- 2Cook bacon crisp and pat with paper towel, set a side.
- 3In the same skillet saute chopped onion
- 4Add rice, steamed squash and crumbled bacon; saute until well incorporated.
- 5Generiously spoon mixture into squash boat, top with a few dots of butter, set on a cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until squash boat is tender when pierced with a fork.