★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 large
- very ripe tomatoes, quartered and halved
- 1 large
- red onion sliced with rings separated into circles
- 2 large
- green peppers cleaned of it top and seeded, and sliced in rings
- 1 large
- yellow or orange pepper cleaned, seeded, sliced in rings
- 1 pkg
- good season's salad dressing mixed per package
- for the packaged dressing i use red wine vinegar and oil for the dressing above. i have used bottled dressing, it just is not the same.
- 1 lb
- pasta of choice (rotini works well) save for next day.
How to Make Summer Salad and Summer salad II the sequel
- 1Throw the veggies in a pretty bowl which complements the colors of the salad and toss with dressing. Serve very cold as a side with some grilled chicked or salmon.
- 2This keeps well because there is no lettuce so make more than you need(two day).
- 3You can cook up some pasta shapes (rotini, bowties) the next day. Cool the pasta in ice water and drain.
- 4Toss with the veggies as is, or you can cut the pieces smaller, maybe add some leftover cold meat or add some cheese cubes.
- 5Add a little more dressing and you have...pasta salad!