Summer Cucumber & Onion Salad
3 largecucumbers (skinned & thinly sliced)
1 largeonion (thinly sliced)
3 Tbspsalt (more or less...according to taste)
1/2 cwhite vinegar (more or less...according to taste)
1 Tbspwhite sugar
How to Make Summer Cucumber & Onion Salad
- peel and slice cucumber and onion with a slicer/grater, and combine cukes, onions, salt,vinegar, and sugar in a large bowl.
- place a plate, or lid on top of ingredients in order to press the veggies down and work out the water from the cukes & onions.
- Leave in refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove from fridge & enjoy some yummy tart cucumber salad!!!!
- The MAJOR secret is to slice the veggies very very thin!!!! I use a hand held slicer! You can't achieve the thinness by hand sliciing!!!!