Stuffed Acorn Squash Halves
serve with cranberry sauce and a green vegetable and have a little taste of Thanksgiving.
2acorn squash, halved and seeded
1 stickbutter, divided
4 Tbspbrown sugar
4 cdry bread stuffing mix, divided
3 cchicken broth
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 tspgarlic powder with parsley
1/2 tspgranulated onion powder
How to Make Stuffed Acorn Squash Halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees-degrees.
- Place squash, face up, in a shallow baking dish.
- In each half place 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup stuffing mix, 3/4 cup chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Wrap dish tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until squash is very tender.
- Remove foil and let bread stuffing brown for about 10 minutes.