Street style corn on the cob
- four ears fresh corn
- canola oil for brushing, +1 tablespoon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- two scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chipotle mayonnaise, recipe follows
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- one half red onion, diced
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
How to Make Street style corn on the cob
- 1preheat the grill until smoking hot. Brush the corn with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and char corn on all sides, about three minutes on each side or until you see the corn getting charred.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook for about 30 seconds. Season with salt and set aside.
- 3When the corn is tender, spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on each year and sprinkle with Parmesan, onion, and scallions. Garnish with the cilantro. Serve at once.
- 4Chipotle mayonnaise:
2 cups basic mayonnaise either store bought or homemade
1 cup chipotle pesto, recipe follows
2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon salt
add the mayonnaise, chipotle pesto, condensed milk, and salt to a food processor or blender. Purée until smooth. The mayonnaise can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week. Chipotle Chiles are dried and smoked jalapenos, readily available canned in a thick pickling sauce called adobo.