SQUIRREL WITH LIMA BEANS
Rev BJ Friley1
- 1/4 lb
- squirrels, dressed and cut into pieces
- 2 c
- dried lima beans, soaked overnight
- flour, salt and pepper
- onion, chopped
- celery ribs, chopped
- carrots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- potatoes, diced
- 2 c
- frozen corn
- 2 can(s)
- (16 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- bay leaf
- dash of thyme and parsley
- 1/2 - 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper (as desired)
How to Make SQUIRREL WITH LIMA BEANS
- 1Dredge squirrel pieces in flour mixture.
- 2In Dutch oven, fry bacon and remove.
- 3Brown squirrels in bacon drippings; cover squirrels, bacon, beans, onion, celery and carrots with boiling water.
- 4Simmer for 2 hours.
- 5Squirrel meat may be removed from bones at this point if you desire.
- 6Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour longer or until squirrel and vegetables are tender.
- 7If desired, thicken with flour and water paster and adjust seasonings.