Squash, Yellow Crook Neck Baked with Asparagus
3-4 lbyellow crooked neck squash (1 medium per serving)
1 stickmargarine cut into 1/4 inch pats
15oz can(s)extra long asparagus spears
sprinklesalt and pepper to taste
How to Make Squash, Yellow Crook Neck Baked with Asparagus
- Wash and cut squash lengthwise in half
- Scoop out seeds making a "bowl". Discard seeds
- Place each half, cut side up on a foil lined baking sheet
- Place 1 or 2 pats of butter in each squash half and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until fork tender.
- While squash is baking, gently drain can of asparagus spears
- When squash is done, remove from oven and place2 or 3 spears of asparagus (depending on thickness of each spear)lengthwise on top of each squash half
- Return to oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until asparagus is heated through then serve hot.