Squash with Cheese Casserole
- 4 to 5
- medium squash, washed and cut in approximately 1/4th inch slices
- 12 to 16
- ounces of pictsweet seasoning blend (this consists of chopped onion, bell pepper and celery in your frozen vegetables section of the grocery store)
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- eggs, beaten
- 3 c
- medium cheddar cheese, grated; reserve 1/2 cup of cheese for caserole topping.
- tony chachere's original creole seasoning, to taste.
- sleeve of ritz crackers (crumbled), reserve 1/3rd of crackers for topping.
COOK ALL THE ABOVE IN TEFLON SKILLET ON MEDIUM HIGH, STIRRING TIL TENDER. THIS SHOULD TAKE 15 MINUTES, APPROX.)
After cooking the vegetables, place in a large mixing bowl. Combine the rest of the ingredients except for the reserved items which will be used as the topping.
Mix all ingredients well in the mixing bowl and then place in the Pyrex casserole dish.
Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and the rest of crumbled Ritz Crackers to create a topping to your casserole.
Bake 50 minutes.
I spoon a tablespoon of the casserole mixture into the teflon skillet prior to placing it in the casserole dish. I cook this on both sides a minute or two and taste to assure I have seasoned it to my taste buds desires.