5 or 6yellow squash cut into rounds
1onion sliced thinly
2 boxstoffer's cornbread stuffing
3/4 csour cream
1 cshredded cheese (optional)
·salt and pepper to taste
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
How to Make Squash Dressing
- Boil sliced squash and onion in salted water until tender, drain, mash and set aside.
- Melt 1 stick of butter, add the seasoning packets from the stuffing mix, and then stir this mixture into the stuffing cubes making the mixture moist. (I put 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter in the ingredients because 1 stick doesn't make it moist enough for me, but some people may think it is enough.)
- Mix the sour cream and soup and then add to the squash and onion. (Sometimes I add a cup of shredded cheese to this mixture also)
- Gently fold the squash mixture into the stuffing mixture.
- Spread the dressing into a prepared 9x13 dish and make a loose tent over the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for approx 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake approx 10 more minutes or until golden and bubbly.