Blue Ribbon Recipe
Squash dishes are so frequent at my table, that my husband has been known to occasionally protest. But not so with this delicious new find! He - like the Crew - LOVED this recipe. Perfectly tender and cheesy, even hubby could be found going back for seconds.... The Test Kitchen
- 1 stick
- salted or unsalted butter
- 1 lb
- yellow squash, large dice
- 1 lb
- zucchini, large dice
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- moderate pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- milk, 2% (whole can be used)
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- egg yolk
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- additional cheddar cheese topping
How to Make Squash Casserole
- 2To the slightly cooled squash, add Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper; stir.
- 3Mix together milk, egg yolk and flour; whisk until well blended. Pour milk mixture over squash; stir. Sprinkle with additional Cheddar cheese if desired.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees about 45 minutes until hot and bubbly throughout.