Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- 6 c
- large chopped fresh yellow squash and zucchini
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 large
- onion, vidalia, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- light sour cream
- 1 c
- grated chedder cheese
- 1 c
- crushed ritz crackers
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Saute the squash, zucchini and onion in olive oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down. I like a little brown on them. *note*- Onion takes less time to cook, so add in when squash is halfway done. add salt and pepper.
- 3When done, put squash, onion, and zucchini on a paper plate, or plate lined with a paper towel, to soak up extra oil.
- 4while still hot, put in a buttered casserole dish, with cheese and sour cream, and mix well.
- 5melt butter in microwave and crush the crackers in a ziplock bag.
- 6spread the crackers evenly over the squash and cheese mixure. pour melted butter over the ritz crackers to allow crackers to brown in oven!
- 7Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crackers are browned but not burned!