Squash and Zucchini Casserole
6 clarge chopped fresh yellow squash and zucchini
3 Tbspolive oil
1/2 largeonion, vidalia, peeled and roughly chopped
1/2 clight sour cream
1 cgrated chedder cheese
1 ccrushed ritz crackers
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute the squash, zucchini and onion in olive oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down. I like a little brown on them. *note*- Onion takes less time to cook, so add in when squash is halfway done. add salt and pepper.
- When done, put squash, onion, and zucchini on a paper plate, or plate lined with a paper towel, to soak up extra oil.
- while still hot, put in a buttered casserole dish, with cheese and sour cream, and mix well.
- melt butter in microwave and crush the crackers in a ziplock bag.
- spread the crackers evenly over the squash and cheese mixure. pour melted butter over the ritz crackers to allow crackers to brown in oven!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crackers are browned but not burned!