By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 lb
- spinach, trimmed, washed
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 small
- clove garlic
- 1/2 c
- pine nuts
- 1/2 c
- seedless raisins
- smoked ham, optional
How to Make Spinach
- 1Cook spinach about 5 minutes in a heavy enameled pot.
- 2After squeezing thoroughly to rid of as much water as possible, chop it coarsely and put into enameled saucepan with the softened butter and other seasonings.
- 3Stir over very low heat until butter is almost absorbed.
- 4Add small clove of garlic, crushed in garlic press, 1/2 cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup seedless raisins (softened 5 minutes in hot water).
- 5Cover and cook over very low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 6Turn into a hot vegetable dish.
- 7A cup of chopped, smoked ham may be added if desired.