Spinach with Bechamel1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 lb
- spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp
- 1.5 Tbsp
- 1 c
- milk, warmed
WHITE SAUCE - BECHAMEL
How to Make Spinach with Bechamel
- 1SPINACH: Cook spinach briefly by either boiling or steaming.
- 2Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- 3Mix with 1 cup white sauce and warm over low heat, 3-to-5 minutes.
- 4WHITE SAUCE (BECHAMEL): Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- 5Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, 2-to-3 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, add the hot milk gradually, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 7Return to the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 2-to-3 minutes.