Spinach with Bechamel1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbspinach leaves
WHITE SAUCE - BECHAMEL
1 cmilk, warmed
How to Make Spinach with Bechamel
- SPINACH: Cook spinach briefly by either boiling or steaming.
- Drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Mix with 1 cup white sauce and warm over low heat, 3-to-5 minutes.
- WHITE SAUCE (BECHAMEL): Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, 2-to-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the hot milk gradually, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return to the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 2-to-3 minutes.