Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large
- yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 c
- fresh spinach
- 1/2 c
- part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 c
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp
- minced fresh garlic
- 3 Tbsp
- diced fresh onion
- 2 slice
- bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
How to Make Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2In a small skillet, add the spinach with 1/4 cup water and cover. Cook on medium-high heat until spinach has wilted. Drain well and squeeze to remove any excess water. Set aside.
- 3While the spinach is wilting, slice peppers into quarters, discarding seeds and carefully removing any membrane with a sharp knife. Place cut side up on baking sheet.
- 4Combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in a medium sized bowl. Add the onion, garlic and spinach. Combine well. If you opted for the bacon, add it to the cheese mixture and combine.
- 5Stuff peppers with cheese mixture and bake for approximately 25 minutes.