Spinach (Paalangi Style)
- 4 bag(s)
- washed, fresh spinach leaves
- 1 can(s)
- polynesian style coconut milk
- 2 lb
- washed, diced tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch
- little green onions
- 1 lb
- can of imported new zealand corned beef
- 1 c
- best foods or hellman's mayonaise (no miracle whip!)
How to Make Spinach (Paalangi Style)
- 1wash spinach leaves and pat dry with a paper towel. Wash tomatoes, pat dry with paper towels, and dice.
wash and thinly slice little green onions.
- 2Spray the sides and back of a 9x13 casserole. Lay 1/2 of the spinach leaves in a bed on the bottom of the casserole, coming up the sides. Place the corned beef in the middle, and break apart with a fork. Spread the beef around as much as possible. Throw in the diced tomatoes, evenly, and then sprinkle the sliced onions over the top too. Next, dot with the mayonaise, and cover with remaining spinach leaves. Pour coconut milk over all. Cover tightly with foil, shiny side down, and bake for about 1 hour.
- 3Serve hot, is supposed to be REALLY cooked. I particularly like spinach raw and barely cooked, but this dish is SUPPOSED to be very cooked; and surprisingly, IT is good too! Good served with plain boiled russet, new or sweet potatoes and Polynesian style barbeque.