- 1 lb
- fresh spinach, washed and dried and stems removed
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts, sllivered almonds or pinenuts (toasted)
- button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 slice
- fried bacon, cooled and crumbled
- small can mandarin oranges, drained
How to Make SPINACH-MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD
- 1In small pan, toast nuts over medium heat until fragrant. Set aside. In same pan, fry bacon until crisp. Crumble when cooled.
- 2If needed, wash and dry spinach. Remove stems and tear larger leaves into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice mushrooms.
- 3In serving bowl, mix spinach, nuts, crumbled bacon, mushrooms and drained Mandarin oranges. Serve with oil-based dressing such as pecan-raspberry.