By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
10 ozspinach, chopped
1 smallonion, chopped
1 1/2 cyogurt, plain
1 1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Spinach Casserole
- Rinse and chop the spinach.
- Place the chopped spinach in a heavy skillet, cover and steam until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- There is no need to add water other than what clings to the leaves from washing.
- (If you are using frozen spinach, place over low or medium heat to thaw and allow excess water to evaporate).
- Transfer to small bowl.
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper and then gradually whisk in the yogurt.
- Add the spinach and turn to coat the leaves.
- Remove from heat and blend in the cheese.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-inch loaf pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.