spinach and feta flan
- 1 stick
- salted butter--not margarine
- 2 box
- thawed, not cooked frozen spinach-squeezed!!!!
- 1 pkg
- feta cheese
- 2 c
- whipping cream (not whipped)
- 2 c
- half and half (i use fat free)
- 1/8 tsp
- whole eggs
How to Make spinach and feta flan
- 1preheat oven to 350. while it's heating up put the stick of butter in a casserole dish and pop it in the oven til it melts. (keep an eye on it, but if it does "brown" it's ok. the flavor is delicious!)
- 2while butter is in the oven, whisk the eggs, cream, half and half, and nutmeg.
- 3once butter is melted, pull from oven and swish it around the sides to "grease" the pan. put the spinach in the butter, layer with the feta, and pour the egg mixture over the top.
- 4bake for about an hour. just jiggle the pan to see if it's set. it will be wiggly, but if you stick a knife in, you don't want raw egg to run up to the top. (ew.) if you have to cook longer (it depends on the dish you used), and it starts to brown too much, just pop some foil over the top.