Spicy Black-eyed Peas
1 lbsmoked turkey necks or smoked hamhocks
16 ozblack-eyed peas
1 can(s)16 oz diced tomatoes with chili or jalapeno peppers
1 tspseasoning salt
1 tspchili powder
1 tspsalt and pepper
1 tspminced garlic
How to Make Spicy Black-eyed Peas
- Prepare smoked turkey necks, smoked hamhocks by cooking in water until tender.
- Saute medium onion and garlic until tender. Add in other spices and seasonings.
- Add onion and spices to meat, stir thoroughly.
- Add in black-eyed peas to mixture, cover with enough water.
- Last, add in can of diced tomatoes with peppers. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until peas are tender. Add more water as needed. Enjoy with rice if desired!