Spaghetti Squash Gratin with Chanterelles
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Gratin with Chanterelles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds, and lay the squash face down in a buttered shallow baking dish and bake for 1 hour until it's browned and soft.
- While squash is baking, clean the chanterelles with a brush.(Use little to no water to clean them, because these mushrooms soak up the water like a sponge!) Slice or dice them into small pieces.
- Melt half the butter in a skillet. When foamy, add the chanterelles and cook over medium heat until tender, 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add the garlic and half and half and simmer gently until the half and half and mushroom juices are reduced by a third, about 10 minutes.
- When squash is done baking, pull away the flesh with a fork, heaping it into spaghetti like strands. Toss with remaining butter. Spread the squash in a baking dish , spoon the mushroom cream sauce over it, and cover lightly with parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven until heated through and the top is crisped and browned in places, 15 - 20 minutes. Serve hot.