2 can(s)whole kernel corn, drained (or use fresh frozen corn from the cob as pictured)
1/2 lbbacon, crispy, crumbled (use more if you like a lot of bacon)
1/2red bell pepper, chopped
1/2green bell pepper, chopped
1/2large onion, chopped
How to Make Southwestern Corn
- Fry bacon crispy. When cooled, crumble into small pieces.
- TIP: Before frying bacon, using a large knife, slice the strips of bacon into small pieces. Saves crumbling later. :)
- Drain most of the bacon grease (leave some for added flavor) In the same saucepan, saute onions & peppers until tender.
- Add corn & crumbled bacon. Stir & saute until heated through.
- Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve.