Southern Style Green Beans and New Potatoes
Diane Hopson Smith
This is such an easy dish and it's the way my mother cooked them. I especially loved it when she added new potatoes. The potatoes seem to take in the flavor of the beans, bacon and onions. All you need is a slice of hot cornbread...Mmmm good!
- 4 or 5 c
- fresh green beans, snapped
- 3 or 4
- new potatoes
- 1/2 small
- onion, chopped
- chicken broth or water
- salt to taste
- 3 slice
- 2 or 3 Tbsp
- pimento, diced (i used jarred) optional
How to Make Southern Style Green Beans and New Potatoes
- 1Wash, clean and snap green beans. Wash new potatoes and remove any bad spots; cut in half. NOTE: if potatoes are small enough it's not necessary to cut in half.
- 2Place beans, potatoes, and onion in appropiate size pot, cover beans with chicken broth or water. Add salt to taste and place strips of bacon on top.
- 3Cook over medium heat until beans and potatoes are tender. Stir in pimento if desired. Remove bacon strips before serving.