Southern Squash Supreme
- 2 c
- cooked yellow squash, drained
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 large
- carrot, grated
- 1 small
- white onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- herb seasoned bread crumbs
- butter, cold
How to Make Southern Squash Supreme
- 1Mash cooked squash; add sour cream, soup, carrot, onion, and desired amount of salt and pepper.
- 2Sprinkle a layer of bread crumbs in a shallow casserole dish(I use a 12 inch square); spoon squash mixture over crumbs.
- 3Cover with additional crumbs and dot with fresh butter pats. Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.