This is so simple and yet so good. Very different and can be a side dish, an appetizer, or a snack. I found the idea for the recipe in the newspaper in an article on interesting new condiments. When I made it, I wanted to eat the whole thing! Other vegetables that can be used are Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, pearl onions or a mixture of all of these. It makes the vegetable taste like it is wrapped in bacon.
- head of cauliflower
- 1/3 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- smoked paprika
- coarse sea salt (i used tamise/french gray sea salt)
How to Make SMOKY CAULIFLOWER
- 1Separate the cauliflower into medium sized Florets and place in microwave container with small amount of water and cook about 3 minutes - until crisp tender. Larger florets may take longer but are recommended if using as an appetizer. You can use a steamer bag if you are comfortable cooking in plastic.
- 2In a baking pan place the cauliflower florets and drizzle with the olive oil, tossing to coat them evenly. Add or reduce olive oil as needed.
- 3Place the smoky paprika in a strainer or screen/tea ball and sprinkly lightly and evenly over the cauliflower, then sprinkly lightly with the sea salt
- 4Place in preheated 450 degree oven and bake approximately 12 - 15 minutes until desired tenderness. Remove and serve warm - hot. Leftovers can be reheated in microwave.