Simmered Summer Squash
2 lbyellow squash
1/4 lbcountry ham pieces, chopped
1 mediumonion, chopped
3 mediumgarlic cloves, minced
1 tspcrushed red pepper
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Simmered Summer Squash
- Cut sausage on in small chunks
- Cut squash 1/2 inch slices
- In a large skillet, fry sausage and country ham until browned
- Add onion, garlic, red pepper. Sautee for about 1 minute
- Add squash. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. No peaking.
- Uncover, add salt and pepper, mix gingerly and serve.