Sesame Grilled Asparagus
- 1 lb
- asparagus (the stalks shouldn’t be too thin)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- asian (dark) sesame oil
- coarse salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Sesame Grilled Asparagus
- 1Special equipment: large toothpicks or slender bamboo skewers
Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- 2Snap the fibrous ends off the asparagus stalks and discard. Lay 3 or 4 stalks side by side to form a sort of raft and skewer crosswise in 2 places with toothpicks or bamboo skewers. This makes it easier to turn the grilled asparagus and it looks cool as all get out. Lightly brush each raft on both sides with sesame oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 3Place the asparagus rafts on the grate and grill until nicely browned on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve at once–reminding each eater to remove the skewer.