Scalloped Vadalia Onions
6large vadalia onions
8 Tbsp(1 stick) butter
1 tspdry mustard
8 ozgrated cheddar cheese
1/2 cseasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbspmelted butter for topping
How to Make Scalloped Vadalia Onions
- Sauteé onion slices in 4 tbsp. butter.
- Melt 4 tbsp. butter in a separate pan; stir in flour & seasonings and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in milk and cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and mixture thickens.
- In a 1-quart baking dish, alternate layers of onions and sauce. Sprinkle top with crumbs and drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake at 400° until browned - about 15-20 minutes.