★★★★★ 1 vote5
1cabbage head chopped
6-10 sliceamerican cheese cut into small pcs
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cbuttered bread crumbs
How to Make Scalloped Cabbage
- In a pot cover chopped cabbage w/water. Bring to a boil & cook approx 20 mins. or until tender.
- Drain the water of the cooked cabbage. Pour the cabbage in a 2qt casserole dish. Rinse the pot out to use again for making the white sauce.
- Over med heat melt margerine. Stir the flour in thoroughly & slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Add the pcs of cheese, salt & pepper.
- Once the sauce thickens pour it over the cooked & drained cabbage.
- Sprinkle w/bread crumbs. Bake @ 350* for 30 mins.