Bea's Savory Tomato Pie
- 9 inch pie shell, cooked & cooled
- 2 - 3
- medium-size fresh tomatoes, peel & cube
- small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- dried oregano (or more)
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- italian shredded cheese
- salt, pepper to your taste
- fresh chives, snipped
- garlic powder (to taste)
- basil (to taste-also optional)
How to Make Bea's Savory Tomato Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Bake pie shell for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown then cool completely. Reduce oven to 350 after you have baked the pie shell. Wash, peel and cube tomatoes. Some people slice their tomatoes but be sure they are rather thick slices if you chose to slice them. I have done this both ways but prefer them cubed.
- 2Sprinkle tomatoes w/salt & pepper & place between paper towels (to drain out some of the water) while the crust is cooking then pat dry as much as possible.
- 6Optional: You can grate some fresh parmesan &/or cheddar cheese on top. You can also serve with a dollop of sour cream on top of your slice of pie (that's what I do). Also, cooked and crumbled bacon is good on this pie, too. Just play around with the spices you like and make it according to your taste. This makes one pie.