1 mediumyellow bell pepper
3 smallcherry tomatoes
4 mediumbasil leaves
2 sprig(s)thyme, leaves
1 1/2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 Tbsplime juice
1/4 tspcoarse salt
1/4 tspground pepper
How to Make Sauteed Vegetables
- Peel and finely dice shallots.
- Wash bell pepper, cut off ends, remove seeds and ribs. Cut into strips (Batonnet, 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch x 2 inch).
- Remove top and end of zucchini, peel and cut into batonnet size.
- Wash, peel carrots cut into batonnet size
- Peel broccoli stem, cut into strips, cut broccoli into florets.
- Wash mushrooms remove stem and cut mushrooms into quarters
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, peel and crush garlic.
- Cut basil leaves into chiffonade (roll up leaves and cut into strips)
- Heat oil in pan, add onions, garlic and sweat without color.
- Cook the hardest textured vegetables first, then as they start to soften, the other vegetables are added with the softest added last.
- Add carrots and sweat, then add broccoli, water, zucchini, peppers and mushrooms, tomatoes. Cook until al dente (firm to bite)
- Add lime juice and toss through, add herbs and season.
Serve on warm plate.