How to Make Sauteed Spinach
- Get a large skillet with a lid.
- Add water to the skillet that is about 1/2 inch deep.
- Heat water at a medium high heat, just before it boils.
- Work in both bags of spinach into the hot water while turning the spinach with tongs. It will have to cook down a little.
- Cover skillet with lid for no more than 2 minutes. Do not let the spinach cook down to much. You just want warm, moist spinach at this point.
- Put warm spinach into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Drain the water left in the skillet.
- Now put a shallow layer of olive oil...just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- At this point your burner needs to be no higher than medium low.
- Add 2 cloves of minced garlic into the skillet and spread it around a bit. I like more garlic, but 2 cloves will probably be better accepted by most.
- Once the garlic is slightly browned you can add the spinach back into the skillet.
- Turn the spinach in the skillet a few times to cover all of it lightly with oil.
- Cover skillet with lid for 1-2 more minutes.
- You're done. Put the spinach back into the serving bowl and you are ready to eat.
- The key here is to not have the spinach over the heat for to long. Enjoy!