☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbstilton cheese
2 largegarlic cloves
1 Tbspunsalted butter
1/3 cheavy cream
·chunks of crusty whole-grain bread, optional
How to Make Sauteed Mushrooms with Melted Stilton
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Trim mushrooms and halve if small or quarter if large. Crumble enough Stilton, not including rind, to measure about 1 cup. Force garlic through a garlic press.
- In a 9-inch heavy skillet heat butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides and saute mushrooms, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cream and gently boil until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Season mixture with salt and pepper and divide between 2 shallow 1-cup gratin dishes.
- Mushroom mixture may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Top mushroom mixture with Stilton and on a baking sheet bake in middle of oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve mushrooms with bread for sopping up sauce.