Sautéed Lemmon Butter Beet & Greens
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspbutter (margin for vegetarian)
3 clovegerlic, grated
3 mediummedium to large beets with leaves, washed
6 ozspinach leafs, washed
2 tspfresh lemon juice and lemon zest
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Sautéed Lemmon Butter Beet & Greens
- Scrub beets, trim top and bottom and remove any woody spots. Cover beets by 3 inches with cold water in a large saucepot. Bring the water to boil and simmer until paring knife slides out of beet when pricked. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat a grill, slice beets about ½” thick, coat with olive oil and grill on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Wash greens, drain and cut away any heavy stems, pat dry on paper towels, and chop into 1” pieces.
- Sauté garlic in the oil and butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over low heat
- Add greens (beet tops and spinach), raise the heat to medium-high, and cover the pan. Cook until the greens wilt, about 2 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice. Add the grilled beets.
- Remove the cover; if there's any excess liquid, cook until it evaporates.
- Toss the greens and beets with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and lemon zest