Sauteed Italian Zucchini
- 1 large
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 1/4 c
- parmesan, more if you like up, to 1/2 c
- salt, pepper, oregano
- minced garlic, as much as you like
- 1 pinch
- swiss or mozzarella, your choice
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce, 8 or 15 oz depending on the amount of zucchini used
How to Make Sauteed Italian Zucchini
- 1Slice zucchini very thin, and combine with diced onion in a lightly greased (butter or olive oil) saute pan. While cooking, season with salt, pepper, oregano, and minced garlic, all to taste. You may use garlic powder if you prefer.
- 2When zucchini is soft, add tomato sauce, pinch of sugar, and parmesan cheese. Stir together and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- 3Add swiss or mozzarella on top, your choice. You may use sliced cheese or grated cheese, whatever is handy.