How to Make Sauted cucumbers
- 1Peel and halve the cucumbers. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Cut the halves in half.
- 2Put into dish and sprinkle kosher salt on the cucumbers and mix it up so the slices are covered with the salt. Let the cuke slices sit for about 20 minutes.
Don't skip this step. The salt pulls out a lot of the water in the cucumbers so you are sauting the cucumbers instead of steaming them.
- 3Rinse quickly and pat dry. While you are doing this, melt the butter in the saute pan.
- 4Saute cucumbers on medium heat until they are a light yellow or just starting to turn yellow.
- 5Remove from heat. Stir the lemon juice into the cucumber pieces and add the crushed mint.