How to Make Sauted cucumbers
- Peel and halve the cucumbers. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Cut the halves in half.
- Put into dish and sprinkle kosher salt on the cucumbers and mix it up so the slices are covered with the salt. Let the cuke slices sit for about 20 minutes.
Don't skip this step. The salt pulls out a lot of the water in the cucumbers so you are sauting the cucumbers instead of steaming them.
- Rinse quickly and pat dry. While you are doing this, melt the butter in the saute pan.
- Saute cucumbers on medium heat until they are a light yellow or just starting to turn yellow.
- Remove from heat. Stir the lemon juice into the cucumber pieces and add the crushed mint.