Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
this is, by the way, NOT my pic, got it off the internet but exactly what they look like.
1 citalian sausage, removed from casing
1/2 cfiney chopped celery
1 largeyellow onion, finely chopped
2dozen mushroom stems, finely chopped
1clove garlic, minced
1/2 cbacon, cooked and crumbled
2 Tbspitalian bread crumbs
2 Tbspparmesan cheese
1/2 tspparsley, italian
2dozen mushroom caps
How to Make Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- sautee sausage, celery, onion, mushroom stems, garlic salt and pepper in oil until cooked.
- mix in crumbled bacon, bread crumbs and parm cheese
- stuff mushroom caps and bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees
- remove from oven and sprinkle with more parm cheese. return to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes
- ***NOTE*** I have on occasion had a piece of green pepper in the fridge and I've chopped about 1/4 cup and added it to the sautee, its a good addition!