By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbItalian sausage, mild and cut into 1" slices
1 largeonion, chopped
2apples, peeled and quartered
27 ozsaurkraut, undrained
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 tspcaraway seeds
How to Make Sauerkraut Casserole
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is brown and onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in apples, sauerkraut, water, brown sugar and caraway seed.
- Brown sugar and caraway seed.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2 quart baking dish; Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Garnish with snipped parsley if desired.