By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- Italian sausage, mild and cut into 1" slices
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- apples, peeled and quartered
- 27 oz
- saurkraut, undrained
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp
- caraway seeds
How to Make Sauerkraut Casserole
- 1In a skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is brown and onion is tender; drain.
- 2Stir in apples, sauerkraut, water, brown sugar and caraway seed.
- 3Brown sugar and caraway seed.
- 4Transfer to a 2-1/2 quart baking dish; Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- 5Garnish with snipped parsley if desired.