ROCHEL’S CARROT SOUFFLE
I cooked the carrots in a pot with some water until very tender, then I used an immersion blender (my motor boat) and just added butter and pureed until it was all blended. Took the pot off the stove and let it cool before I added the eggs. The original recipe called for 2 cups of sugar and 1 tsp. of salt, but I halved them, and found it still quite sweet. A very easy and delicious souffle.
How to Make ROCHEL’S CARROT SOUFFLE
- Cook carrots until soft (can be done the day before).
- In the food processor, blend carrots with eggs (or you can use an immersion blender).
- Melt Butter or Margarine and add to mixture.
- Mix in all the other ingredients.
- Bake in a buttered-and-floured deep souffle dish at 350 degrees for one hour uncovered or until slightly golden on top. It will probably crack a bit on top like a cheese cake.