ROCHEL’S CARROT SOUFFLE
I cooked the carrots in a pot with some water until very tender, then I used an immersion blender (my motor boat) and just added butter and pureed until it was all blended. Took the pot off the stove and let it cool before I added the eggs. The original recipe called for 2 cups of sugar and 1 tsp. of salt, but I halved them, and found it still quite sweet. A very easy and delicious souffle.
- 2 lb
- carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 stick
- margarine or butter
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make ROCHEL’S CARROT SOUFFLE
- 1Cook carrots until soft (can be done the day before).
- 2In the food processor, blend carrots with eggs (or you can use an immersion blender).
- 3Melt Butter or Margarine and add to mixture.
- 4Mix in all the other ingredients.
- 5Bake in a buttered-and-floured deep souffle dish at 350 degrees for one hour uncovered or until slightly golden on top. It will probably crack a bit on top like a cheese cake.