Robin Hood Corn Casserole
Great side dish with that Easter ham!
4ears of sweet corn, cut from cob
1/2large red onion, diced
4-5 slicesmoked bacon, cooked, crumbled (reserve bacon fat)
4 ozcream cheese, softened, cubed
1 ccooked rice
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cmilk, separated
2eggs, beaten ( with 1/2 cup of the milk)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Robin Hood Corn Casserole
- Cook 1/2 cup dry rice (this will make 1 cup) Set aside.
- Cut fresh (raw) corn from the cob. Set aside
- Fry bacon till crisp. Retain bacon fat. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion in bacon fat till tender. Add butter and cut corn. Saute for 10 min. or till caramelized.
- Add cream cheese and 1 cup milk. Heat until cheese melts. Add cooked rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool for about 15 min.
- Beat 2 eggs with remaining 1/2 cup milk. Add to mixture. Add shredded cheddar. Mix well. Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Top with crumbled bacon. Bake for 30 min. at 350 degrees