Robin Hood Corn Casserole
Great side dish with that Easter ham!
- ears of sweet corn, cut from cob
- large red onion, diced
- 4-5 slice
- smoked bacon, cooked, crumbled (reserve bacon fat)
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 1 c
- cooked rice
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- milk, separated
- eggs, beaten ( with 1/2 cup of the milk)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Robin Hood Corn Casserole
- 1Cook 1/2 cup dry rice (this will make 1 cup) Set aside.
- 2Cut fresh (raw) corn from the cob. Set aside
- 3Fry bacon till crisp. Retain bacon fat. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 4Saute onion in bacon fat till tender. Add butter and cut corn. Saute for 10 min. or till caramelized.
- 5Add cream cheese and 1 cup milk. Heat until cheese melts. Add cooked rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool for about 15 min.
- 6Beat 2 eggs with remaining 1/2 cup milk. Add to mixture. Add shredded cheddar. Mix well. Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- 7Top with crumbled bacon. Bake for 30 min. at 350 degrees