ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- large purple onions cut into wedges
- pounds of zuchinni sliced into thick diagonal wedges
- red bell peppers cut into squares
- pound tomatoes cut into wedges
- cup olive oil
- cup flour
- cup pine nuts
- cup black olives cut in half
- cup fresh basil, minced
- cup grated fontina cheese
- cup balsamic vinegar
How to Make ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- 1Sear onions and zuchinni in olive oil until they are brown on both sides, remove, set aside. Prepare the tomato wedges and cut the bell pepper in squares, halve the olives, and grate the Fontina cheese.
- 2Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, spray a large, deep baking dish.
- 3Arrange all the seared vegetables like the picture -- at an angle, doesn't have to be perfect. Then sprinkle with flour and add the bell pepper and tomato wedges on top.
- 4Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Don't overcook the vegetables!
- 5Open oven door after 20 minutes, top with pine nuts and olives, then basil and the Fontina cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes longer to melt the cheese into the vegetables, again don't over cook them! Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- 6Cooks tip: You may use any combination of garden vegetables, egg plant, crook neck squash, etc., just sear them first.