ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
2large purple onions cut into wedges
2pounds of zuchinni sliced into thick diagonal wedges
2red bell peppers cut into squares
1pound tomatoes cut into wedges
1/4cup olive oil
1/2cup pine nuts
1cup black olives cut in half
1/3cup fresh basil, minced
1cup grated fontina cheese
1/4cup balsamic vinegar
How to Make ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- Sear onions and zuchinni in olive oil until they are brown on both sides, remove, set aside. Prepare the tomato wedges and cut the bell pepper in squares, halve the olives, and grate the Fontina cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, spray a large, deep baking dish.
- Arrange all the seared vegetables like the picture -- at an angle, doesn't have to be perfect. Then sprinkle with flour and add the bell pepper and tomato wedges on top.
- Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Don't overcook the vegetables!
- Open oven door after 20 minutes, top with pine nuts and olives, then basil and the Fontina cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes longer to melt the cheese into the vegetables, again don't over cook them! Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Cooks tip: You may use any combination of garden vegetables, egg plant, crook neck squash, etc., just sear them first.