Roasted Stuffed Zucchini & Summer Squash
You will want one zucchini and one summer squash for every two people. Leftovers reheat very well in microwave.
2-4 Tbspolive oil
1 tspitalian seasoning
·salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
3/4 - 1 cpizza cheese
How to Make Roasted Stuffed Zucchini & Summer Squash
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each squash lengthwise. Place some oil in bottom of roasting pan, then on open side of squash. Season them.
- Roast open side facing up for about 10-15 minutes. While they are cooking, slice mushrooms.
- Pierce squash with a fork. They should be roughly half cooked before you start the next step.
- Pull them from the oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Fan mushroom slices lengthwise, overlapping some so they are covered from one end to the other. Generally two mushrooms per squash seems to work.
- Top with pizza cheese. I use the blends but you can use straight mozzarella. I am conservative with the cheese because I am trying to watch my calories. (Non fat cheese does not melt worth anything.)
- Return to oven and cook another 10-15 minutes. Cheese should be melted, slightly brown and squash should pierce easily.
- I eat one half zucchini and one half summer squash in a sitting. I usually skip any other veggies when I cook these as they are quite filling.
- The roasting temp on this is flexible. You can go up or down 25 degrees to multitask with another dish for the same meal.