Roasted Cuban Zucchini
Paprika, chili powder, and cumin are definitely the headlining stars – but don’t forget about Cotija cheese, cilantro or lime because they also play key roles!
4zucchini or yellow squash, quartered vertically
1/4 colive oil or melted butter
1 Tbspchili powder
1 tspblack pepper
1/2 ccotija cheese crumbled
1/4 ccilantro, chopped
·fresh lime juice for spritzing
How to Make Roasted Cuban Zucchini
- Preheat oven or grill to 400 f.
- Lay out zucchini spears onto a lightly greased pan or baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine oil / butter, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Brush seasoning mixture over zucchini / squash to coat (leave some mixture leftover) .
- Roast in oven at 400F for 20-25 minutes, or until squash has become tender (grill for 5-10 minutes)
- Remove from oven / grill and brush with remaining seasoning mixture. Top with crumbled cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, and a spritz of fresh lime